Most four-year colleges require that students submit SAT or ACT scores. Here's how each of these tests is structured: The SAT has three major sections: math, reading and writing (which includes a written essay). The ACT has four major sections: English, math, reading and science (and an optional essay section).
The following SAT/ACT prep programs are available locally. We encourage you to research them to see what best fits your needs.
- You can access your SAT results by logging on to your account at collegeboard.org .
- If you do NOT have an account, you can create one here.
- Convert your old and new SAT scores by clicking here.
Please keep an eye on registration dates for upcoming SAT exams.
FREE online SAT prep are available through Khan Academy. You can link your College Board and Khan Academy accounts to improve the effectiveness of your practice.
Students interested in some summer preparation for the Fall exams should know that Kaplan Test Prep is available at http://www.kaplanatschool.com/kas.aspx or by calling 1-800-527-8378.
ACT® Academy™ is a new FREE online ACT test prep platform which provides students with personalized study plans to help prepare for the ACT® test.
Please keep an eye on registration dates for upcoming ACT exams by clicking here.
Rockland Teacher Center has test prep classes for the ACT.
ACT and Kaplan partner to create a live online classroom. Click on the link for streaming events.
Unhappy with your March SAT/ACT scores? C2 Education in Nanuet is offering FREE practice tests every Saturday in April. Reserve a seat by calling the Nanuet Center at 845-627-9500.
Pearl River High School and Kaplan Test Prep partner to offer you SAT & ACT prep classes. PRHS students can take advantage of a $150 discount for classes by entering promo code SCHOOL150. The codes for self-paced courses can be found at www.kaplanatschool.com/pearlriver.
FREE PRACTICE TOOLS FOR STUDENTS
- FREE practice SAT and ACT online tests available from Kaplan.
- Students can take a free SAT or ACT pop quiz, 20-minute practice, or full proctored practice test online, and Kaplan will give back and donate Kaplan course scholarships to students through The Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Sign up now by visiting http://ktp.events/westrockct.
LENTZ & LENTZ SAT PREP
Upcoming SAT/PSAT and ACT prep schedules are available from Lentz & Lentz SAT Prep; please see flyer for details. Enrollment is currently being accepted for the winter/spring programs in Rockland County. Tuition is $450 for SAT prep and $650 for combined SAT & ACT prep.