Grade 11 (Juniors) Page
College Night Presentation
If you missed our College Night Panel, the Class of 2025 College Resource presentation has all the information you need as a junior to start preparing for college. Classroom Code is jvoj4va. All junior forms are due June 1 and are available in the presentation.
Important forms to submit to your counselor by June 1:
Gr. 11 Bulletin & Announcements
RCC Application Day - Thursday, January 11, 2024 from 9:12 am - 1:06 pm (periods 3 -7) in the Library Classroom. Learn about Rockland Community College and receive assistance with your application. All students who attend will be able to apply for FREE! Please click on the flyer for more information and required forms.
Rockland County has two College Tuition reimbursement programs for volunteers in a Rockland County Fire service or EMS agency. H.E.R.R.O & EDGES are for college-bound students who volunteer in Rockland County, NY in a Rockland County Fire Department or EMS agency. Please note that these are not scholarships; they are tuition reimbursement programs.
RCC College-Level Courses at PRHS
The Rockland Community College High School Program (RCCHSP) is open to juniors and seniors, allowing them to take RCC courses at Pearl River High School. The RCC courses being offered, and their pre-requisites, are listed in the Pearl River High School Program of Studies.
Students enrolling in the RCCHSP must complete and submit the RCCHSP Certification Form and a Student Data Form to the Counseling Office by Thursday, March 26; parental/guidance signatures are required. You may also apply electronically. Students must sit for the Accuplacer Placement Test to ensure they are eligible to take the course(s).
The Accuplacer Placement Test will be offered at Rockland Community College. We will inform students of the exact date, time and location as soon as that information becomes available. Students who miss the exam must make arrangements directly with Rockland Community College to take the exam on another date. It is highly recommended that students take time to prepare for the Accuplacer test. A number of links to online resources can be found at RCC's Review, Practice, and Test-taking Tips page; or visit their website at www.sunyrockland.edu/go/assessment and click on the box for "Online Review and Practice." Students who receive testing accommodations should also complete the RCC Assessment Exam Accommodation Request Form.
Some students may be exempt from taking the Accuplacer test based on their SAT, ACT and/or NYS Regents scores. A Request for Waiver of the Placement Test must be completed with the required documentation above.
Rockland Community College will manage the collection of tuition and fees once the course begins.
RCC Early Admission High School Program
The Rockland Community College Early Admit Program (RCCEAP) is open to high school seniors who wish to complete their senior year of high school by matriculating and registering as full-time students at Rockland Community College and taking courses only on the campus of Rockland Community College. Seniors must have a minimum grade point average of 80. Please visit the RCC Early Admit High School Program page for more information. Interested students must complete the RCC Online Application Form, the PRHS RCC Agreement Form forms as well as the Early Admit Enrollment Confirmation.
Some things you need to know:
- All applicants should apply online.
- RCC is accepting students based on their current GPA; no need to wait until junior year has been completed. Apply early if you are interested.
- The Math and English placement tests are not required for admission to the program. English placement is based on student's current GPA and Math placement is based on one of the following:
- Final grade of 75 or higher in a high school Algebra II course, Pre-calculus, Geometry, OR Calculus
- SAT: Math score of 570 or higher;
- ACT: Math score of 23 or higher
- The Enrollment Confirmation form must be signed by a parent and guidance counselor. This outlines the student's responsibilities and some of the rules of the Early Admit program.
- Even though placement is not required for admission, students will still need to take the ATB placement test to qualify for financial aid. Please click on the Ability to Benefit (ATB) English and Math placement tests for more information.
- Students will receive admission notifications via email directly from RCC.
- First - confirmation of application received, outlining what is needed as an Early Admit applicant
- Once accepted, students will receive an acceptance email, Next Steps email, and their myRCC login details
Are you interested in spending half of your school day in Junior and Senior year learning about a possible career path in one the following areas?
- Automotive Technology Academy
- Communications Academy
- Construction Trades Academy
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Cyber Technology
- Health Science Academy
If you are, learn more about the BOCES CTEC Program.
Excelsior Scholarship Program
This year, Governor Cuomo and the New York State Legislature enacted the nation's first tuition-free degree program for full time students: the Excelsior Scholarship. The Scholarship is available to students enrolled at a SUNY or CUNY community college or university beginning in the fall of 2017.
Be residents of New York State
Enroll in a SUNY or CUNY two- or four-year degree program
Take 30 credits per calendar year (including winter and summer sessions)
Plan to live and work in New York following graduation for the length of time they participate in the scholarship program
The program goes into effect immediately, and is available for students whose families earn up to $125,000 annually.
The application will be available starting June 7th. To receive an electronic notification when the application is live, enter your email in the Excelsior Alert Form on the HESC website: www.hesc.ny.gov/excelsior.