Welcome to Pearl River High School
Welcome to Pearl River High School!
Pearl River High School is a high performing high school serving students in
grades 8 through 12 in the Pearl River School District. Our enrollment is about 1040 students.
Pearl River High School Profile
Highlights of the Class of 2020
- 100% earned New York State Regents diplomas*
- 80% earned Advanced Regents diplomas*
*Data includes both in-district & out-of-district students
- 96% continued on to college, university, or technical school
- 82% are attending four-year colleges
- 14% are attending two-year colleges
- 0% are entering the military
- 95% of special education students attained regents/advanced regents diplomas
SAT Scores: 87% of seniors took the SAT exam
Mean SAT Total Score: 1216
Mean Math Score: 614
Mean Reading & Writing Score: 602
Advanced Placement (college Level) Courses/Exams*:
152 AP exams were taken
88% received a passing score of ‘3’ or higher
* Students taking AP courses are required to take the exam, however these numbers are lower due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
National Merit Semifinalists: 2
national Merit Commended Students: 5
23 out of 27 varsity teams were named NYS Scholar Athlete Teams with team GPA average of 90 or better
Four (4) seniors were named Journal News Scholar Athletes of the Week.
Ranked as a top performing high school by
U.S. News & World Report for the last 7 years.
In the April 2021 U.S. News & World Report, Pearl River High School ranked #1195 nationally out of 17,857 high schools, with a score of 93.31, and ranked #115 out of 1,266 NYS high schools, the 2nd highest ranking in Rockland County.
NYS Rewards School for High Student Performance