Welcome to Pearl River High School
"Believe You Can Achieve"
Pearl River High School is a high performing high school serving students in
grades 8 through 12 in the Pearl River School District. Our enrollment is about 975 students.
Pearl River High School Profile
Principal: Dr. Robert Zegarelli
Assistant Principal: Aaron McCasland
Interim Assistant Principal: Dr. Kathleen Affigne
PRHS Main Office Phones
Main Office Phone: (845) 620-3800
Dr. Zegarelli's Secretary: Ashley O'Connell
Mr. McCasland's Secretary: Fran Spina
Ms. Affigne's Secretary: Kelly Geraghty
Counseling Office: (845) 620-3811
Highlights of the Class of 2022
- 98% Graduation Rate*
- 100% earned New York State Regents diplomas*
- 78% earned Advanced Regents diplomas*
*Data includes both in-district & out-of-district students
- 94% continued on to college, university, or technical school
- 73% are attending four-year colleges
- 17% are attending two-year colleges
- 1% are entering the military
Mean SAT Total Score: 1156
Mean Math Score: 582
Mean Reading & Writing Score: 574
Advanced Placement (College Level) Courses/Exams**:
83 AP exams were taken in 12 subjects
83% received a passing score of ‘3’ or higher
** Students taking AP courses are required to take the exam, however these numbers are lower due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
- 25 out of 26 varsity teams were named NYS Scholar Athlete Teams with team GPA average of 90 or better.
** * Numbers are lower due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
- 10 Students earned the NYS seal of Biliteracy
- 100% of special education students attained Regents/Advanced Regents Diplomas
Ranked as a top performing high school by U.S. News & World Report for the last 8 years.
In the April 2022 U.S. News & World Report, Pearl River High School ranked #977 nationally out of nearly 18,000 high schools, with a score of 94.52, and ranked #98 out of 1,212 NYS high schools, the highest ranking in Rockland County.
In the April 2021 U.S. News & World Report, Pearl River High School ranked #1195 nationally out of 17,857 high schools, with a score of 93.31, and ranked #115 out of 1,266 NYS high schools, the 2nd highest ranking in Rockland County.
NYS Rewards School for High Student Performance