Welcome to Pearl River High School
Welcome to Pearl River High School!
Pearl River High School is a high performing high school serving students in
grades 8 through 12 in the Pearl River School District. Our enrollment is about 1040 students.
Pearl River High School Profile
Highlights of the Class of 2020
- 100% earned New York State Regents diplomas*
- 80% earned Advanced Regents diplomas*
*Data includes both in-district & out-of-district students
- 96% continued on to college, university, or technical school
- 82% are attending four-year colleges
- 14% are attending two-year colleges
- 0% are entering the military
- 95% of special education students attained regents/advanced regents diplomas
SAT Scores: 87% of seniors took the SAT exam
Mean SAT Total Score: 1216
Mean Math Score: 614
Mean Reading & Writing Score: 602
Advanced Placement (college Level) Courses/Exams*:
152 AP exams were taken
88% received a passing score of ‘3’ or higher
* Students taking AP courses are required to take the exam, however these numbers are lower due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
National Merit Semifinalists: 2
national Merit Commended Students: 5
23 out of 27 varsity teams were named NYS Scholar Athlete Teams with team GPA average of 90 or better
Four (4) seniors were named Journal News Scholar Athletes of the Week.
In the April 2020 U.S. News & World Report, Pearl River High School ranked #950 nationally out of 17,792 high schools, with a score of 94.66, and ranked #87 out of 1,217 NYS high schools, the highest ranking in Rockland County.
In the April 2019 U.S. News & World Report, Pearl River High School ranked #1,263 nationally out of 17,245 high schools, with a score of 92.68, and ranked #107 out of 1,204 NYS high schools, the highest ranking in Rockland County.
U.S News & World Report Best High Schools
Silver Medal Award 2015 - 2018
NYS Rewards School for High Student Performance
2014 & 2015
U.S. News & World Report
Gold Medal Ranking 2012